Pro Tools 12.6.1 is now available for download. Please review the information below provided by Avid to download it right away!
Pro Tools 12.6.1 Release Information
November 30th, 2016
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 12.6.1 Software
- macOS Sierra (10.12 and 10.12.1), Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
Please review the following documents for important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, issues resolved, etc.
- Pro Tools 12.6.1 Release Notes (KB)
- Pro Tools 12.6.1 Read Me for Mac (PDF)
- Pro Tools 12.6.1 Read Me for Windows (PDF)
- Note that there are new licenses required for Pro Tools 12.6. Please check your iLok account for newly deposited licenses (starting in mid-Sep 2016) before installing Pro Tools 12.6. If you do not see your new licenses please contact Avid CS using the "Access The Support Center" link in your Avid account or the "Contact Support" link on the Contact Audio & Music Support page.
- Update to the current version of iLok License Manager before activating licenses to your iLok.
- Pro Tools 12.6 software requires a Pro Tools Perpetual or Pro Tools Subscription iLok authorization (license) to run. This can be a single license or in a bundle.
- Pro Tools HD 12.6 software requires both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD iLok authorizations (licenses) to run. These can be either Subscription or Perpetual licenses, and are typically in a bundle (named "Pro Tools HD Perpetual" or "Pro Tools HD Subscription").
- Pro Tools HD 12.6 also requires a Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license to use any HD interface. This can be an individual license or can be included in a Pro Tools HD license bundle.
- The bonus plug-ins (introduced starting with v12.2) use a Pro Tools Plan or Pro Tools HD Plan license.
- Subscriptions as well as new Pro Tools Software and Pro Tools HD Software/Systems only include licensing for v12, though Reinstatements continue to provide license bundles that include v10/11/12.
- Review the licenses on your iLok at ilok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of ilok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 12.6 is a full installer (not an updater that requires a previous version installed).
- Pro Tools 12.6 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD, only the iLok authorization is different
- Virtual Instruments and Effects for Pro Tools 12 are installed by the First AIR Effects Bundle and First AIR Instruments Bundle (formerly a single Creative Collection Installer in PT11). Run these in addition to the Pro Tools installer. (more info)
- Pro Tools HDX/HD Native Mac users, be sure to install the matching HD Driver. The HD driver may be found in the Driver Installers folder included in the 12.6 download.
- Non-HD users, please install the latest compatible driver for your Avid interface
- See the Pro Tools 12 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 12.6 co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is not supported using Mac OS X (as 12.6 isn't supported on Mac OS 10.8.5); use Pro Tools 12.4 or lower for co-install with Pro Tools 10.x
- Pro Tools 12.x co-install with Media Composer (details)
- Co-install of Pro Tools 12.x and Media Composer on Windows does not allow Media Composer to be a Video Satellite (details)
HDX Firmware Update
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 and higher requires a firmware update for HDX cards
- Firmware update takes place during Pro Tools launch
- The firmware update was tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later
- Application Manager erroneously shows Download available for Pro Tools 12.6 (Windows only). To fix this issue follow directions in this article.
- DigiTest 12.4/12.5 firmware update process with an HD OMNI doesn't appear to finish, but canceling before the HD OMNI reboots can leave the interface unrecognizable by Pro Tools (blank scribble strips)
- HD hardware is not supported by CoreAudio on Yosemite (or later). iTunes users, please check the Read Me. Native Instruments users, click here
- See the Windows Read Me for limitations with WASAPI support (added in v12.0)
- Click here for Pro Tools 12.x Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates
- Note that not all Audio Interfaces have been qualified with El Capitan. Click here for more info.
- Owners of Pro Tools 12 on a current Upgrade Plan can download the 12.6 installer from their Avid account or from the Apps tab in Avid Application Manager
- Review the Read Me and other docs before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow
- Upgrades from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store or Avid Reseller
- Avid Accounts will have the current version for eligible products
1. Sign In to my.avid.com.
2. Click My Products and Subscriptions.
3. Click a Pro Tools 12 product in your list.
4. Click Show to see the available files.
5. Click a file name to download the file.