New Features and Improvements in Pro Tools 12.2 Pro Tools HD Features Now Available with Pro Tools
• VCA Master tracks
• Fixed RAM Disk Cache allocation options
• Advanced Metering, including Gain Reduction Meters
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 12.2 Software (more info)
- Pro Tools 12.2 supports Mac OS X 10.10.3-10.10.4 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Pro Tools 12.2 supports Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit
- If using Pro Tools 12.2 with Avid Artist, S3, S5-Hybrid and MCPro on Mountain Lion or Mavericks you should install EuControl 3.2 or higher (My Artist Login)
- S6 owners should update to version 1.4.1 if using Pro Tools 12.0 or higher (Avid Account > My Products and Subscriptions > S6 Software Update > Show)
The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, issues resolved, etc.
- Pro Tools 12.2 software requires a Pro Tools 12 iLok authorization (license) to run
- Pro Tools HD 12.2 software requires both Pro Tools 12 and Pro Tools HD 12 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run
- Review the licenses on your iLok at ilok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of ilok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 12.2 is a full installer (not an updater that requires a previous version installed).
- Pro Tools 12.2 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD, only the iLok authorization is different
- Virtual Instruments and Effects for Pro Tools 12 are installed by the First AIR Effects Bundle and First AIR Instruments Bundle (formerly a single Creative Collection Installer in PT11). Run these in addition to the Pro Tools installer. (more info)
- Pro Tools HDX/HD Native Mac users, be sure to install the HD 12.2 Driver. The HD driver may be found in the Driver Installers folder included in the 12.2 download.
- Non-HD users, please install the latest compatible driver for your Avid interface
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock
- See the Pro Tools 12 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 12.2 co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is supported using Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (details)
- Pro Tools 12.2 co-install with Media Composer (details)
- Co-install of Pro Tools 11.x and Media Composer on Windows does not allow Media Composer to be a Video Satellite (details)
HDX Firmware Update
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 and higher requires a firmware update for HDX cards
- Firmware update takes place during Pro Tools launch
- The firmware update was tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later
- Automation toggling on Artist Series surfaces with EuControl 3.2.2 or earlier does not work as expected (details)
- HD hardware is not supported by CoreAudio on Yosemite. iTunes users, please check the Read Me. Native Instruments users, click here
- See the Windows Read Me for limitations with WASAPI support (added in v12.0)
- Click here for Pro Tools 12.x Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates
- Review the Read Me file and Late Breaking Technical Issues before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- Upgrades available from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store or Avid Reseller
Registered owners of Pro Tools 12 can download Installers from their Avid Account: