Pro Tools 12.1 download was released by Avid today with quite a few new features and improvements to the first release of Pro Tools 12.0.
New Features and Improvements in Pro Tools 12.1
Pro Tools HD Features Now Available with Pro Tools
• Support for up to 128 audio tracks
• Support for up to 512 Instrument tracks
• Input Monitoring on audio tracks
• AFL and PFL Solo Modes
• Copy to Sends command
Satellite Link Improvements
• Network reset for Satellite systems
• Transmit and Receive Play Selections buttons in the Transport
• Satellite Link Error Indication
• Updated Operation and Mixing preferences
• Manual tempo entry with Conductor enabled
• Export Session Text for selected tracks only
• HEAT now available in both DSP and Native formats for Pro Tools HD Software
• Pro Tools 12.1 is qualified for use with VENUE | S3L-X systems.
Read Me and What's New files
The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, issues resolved, etc.
System Requirements and Compatibility Information
Avid can only assure compatibility and provide support for hardware and software it has tested and approved. For complete system requirements and a list of qualified computers, operating systems, hard drives, and third-party devices, visit: www.avid.com/compatibility
- Review the Read Me file and Late Breaking Technical Issues before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- Upgrades available from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store or Avid Reseller
- Registered owners of Pro Tools 12 can download Installers from their Avid Account: