Is it the Last and Latest Version of Pro Tools 10? It's almost been a year since Pro Tools 10 was updated to 10.3.10 which is not compatible with OS X 10.9 or higher. To be clear, Pro Tools 10.3.10 is not compatible with Mavericks (OS X 10.9) or Yosemite (OS X 10.10). This of course means it is not compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
This doesn't mean you cannot find a work around that somewhat functions on Mavericks, Yosemite or El Capitan. There have been a few users reporting a successful installation, but have also shown multiple workflow issues. The two main issues that have been reported are graphic layout issues with inserts and audio import bugs.
Pro Tools 10.3.10 Information & Downloads
For Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10
Version 10.3.10 is officially qualified and recommended for:
- Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt systems on Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
- Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
- Mac OS X 10.9 and higher are NOT supported by Pro Tools 10.3.10. Click here for more info.
- For Mac Pro computer support with Mountain Lion, a Nehalem (4,1) or later is required.
- Click here for a full list of Qualified Apple computers with Pro Tools.
- Click here for more info on Mountain Lion OS compatibility.
Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me & Additional Notes
- The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, etc.
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me - Mac (PDF) (186 KB)
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me - Windows (PDF) (196 KB)
Pro Tools HDX
Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt
Pro Tools HD Native PCIe
- HD Native PCIe System Requirements
- Avid NativeCardFlasher Updates the HD Native card's Main and Safe Firmware
Pro Tools non-HD systems
- Click here for System Requirements
- Pro Tools 10.x software requires a Pro Tools 10 iLok authorization (license) to run
- Pro Tools HD 10.x software requires both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run
- Upgrades from v9 or earlier can be found here
- Review the licenses on your iLok at iLok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of iLok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 is a full installer
- Avid recommends uninstalling your current version of Pro Tools prior to installing 10.3.10
- Re-install the Drivers for your non-HD interfaces after a Clean Uninstall
- Pro Tools 10.x uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorization is different
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock
- See the Pro Tools 10.3 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 and Mac OS X 10.8.5 are supported for co-install with Pro Tools 11.x (details)
- Mac OS X: Pro Tools 10.3.10 is NOT qualified with Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- TDM Driver Support: When co-installing Pro Tools 10 and 11 with HD Accel TDM hardware, do NOT install the HD 11 drivers
- Satellite Link System Requirements
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier Satellites may stop before other systems running 11.1 or later (details)
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier "Error changing clocks" with Pro Tools 11.1 Satellite (details)
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- Review the Read Me file before updating to 10.3.10 for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- The Avid Virtual Instruments installer was updated to 10.3 on Mac to add support for Gatekeeper, whereas this installer remains at 10.0 for Windows. If needed, these files can be found in your Avid Account or through the Pro Tools 10.3 Downloads page.
- Click a link below to download the installer: