A free iZotope plug-in?.. I'll take it! It's called "Vinyl", and it's great for putting a old school, low-fi, vinyl record effect on your tracks. There are quite a few parameters to play with, so you can get just the right amount of "wear" or "warp depth" on whatever you want to apply it to.
More info about Vinyl from iZotope:
The ultimate lo-fi weapon, iZotope Vinyl uses advanced filtering, modeling and resampling to create authentic "vinyl" simulation, as if the audio was a record being played on a record player.
You have complete control over the following parameters:
- Mechanical Noise: The amount of turntable motor rumble and noise
- Wear: Control how worn out the record is, from brand new to played a few thousand times
- Electrical Noise: Internally generated electrical noise, such as 60 Hz grounding hum
- Dust: The amount of dust on the record
- Scratch: The number and depth of scratches on the record
- Warp Depth: The amount of warping and the warp shape for the record—from no warp to the edges totally melted and warped
Formats: Pro Tools 7.4–10 (RTAS/AudioSuite/HTDM), VST, MAS, Audio Unit (32-bit only), DirectX Sample Rates: up to 192 kHz Automatable: Yes OS: Windows (98, 2000, ME, XP, x64, Vista) Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later Current Version: Mac: 1.73c (Posted 7/28/11) Win: 1.73b (Posted 6/24/10) Price: Free
This is a promotional giveaway, so be prepared to give your email address and take a survey to receive a Vinyl registration code.
Download iZotope's FREE plug-in Vinyl: here