CamelCrusher sounds awesome! Extreme with distortion, thin while resonating a frequency of your choice, large with PHAT MODE engaged, slam the compressor using it more as an effect or use the plugin as harmonic distortion. I really like the blend option. CamelCrusher does not run heavy on the CPU, sounds great, and is free. CamelCrusher is a free 'colouring' multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
There's also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter with buckets of resonance. Assign a MIDI controller and start tweaking!
Finally, let's not forget the easiest-to-use compressor you'll find anywhere. It can 'phatten' up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the 'Amount' knob! Find out more in the manual.
Best of all, CamelCrusher is available free of charge!
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with 'Phat' mode.
- Powerful 'MIDI Learn' function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration.
- XP / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8
- 1GHz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 10MB HD Space
- VST / RTAS 32-bit or 64-bit host