SteelSeries Rival - The Best New Mac Compatible Mouse is Here.
Okay, so I am really, really particular when it comes to computer mice (mouses?). I decided to upgrade from the mac magic mouse which, although it's not a bad piece of hardware, just wasn't doing it for me.. I went on to buy 3 different reasonably priced mice:
- The Razor DeathAdder - Not bad, but I have small hands, and this is quite a large mouse.. Also, desk debris would too easily get into the optical sensor.
- Mad Catz R.A.T 5 - Getting closer.. I Really liked this mouse for its size and shape, but even after removing the weights, it was still to heavy for my taste.
Absolutely, hands-down, the best mouse that I have ever used with a mac. The SteelSeries Rival sports a simple design, is light-weight, and is a no hassle plug-and-play piece of hardware. Here are all the specs from SteelSeries:
- 50 to 6500 Adjustable CPI - 1ms Response Rate / 1000Hz Polling Rate - 200 Inches Per Second (IPS) - 50Gs of Acceleration
- 6 Programmable Buttons - 16.8M Color Illumination w. 2 Zones - Soft-touch coating - Injected rubber side grips - Cable Texture: Soft Rubber Cable
- > 30 Million Click Durability
SIZE & WEIGHT
- Weight: 128 grams (0.28 lbs) - Height: 45 mm (1.8 in) - Width: 70 mm (2.76 in) - Length: 133 mm (5.23 in) - Cable Length: 2m (6.5 ft.)
A couple more comments about this great new product: The recommended Engine 3 software is super easy to use and not at all resource intensive. I've had experience with other mouse softwares—with mostly buggyness and configuration problems—and I can personally attest that my experience with the Rival's has been all positive.
So if you're looking for a new mouse (not just for game time but for work too) do yourself a favor and buy this mouse!
Not to mention it's only $59.99. That's very competitive for a mouse of this caliber.
Get it here.