Pro Tools 11.2.2 Update
Pro Tools 11.2.2 Update
Download instructions can be found at the bottom of this page, but please read the following info before downloading...
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.2
In certain mixer configurations, virtual instruments on Auxiliary Input or Instrument tracks that are configured to receive MIDI from standalone MIDI tracks are now correctly time-aligned in offline bounces. (PTSW-195783) Taking Pro Tools offline and then bringing it back online while a connected Soundmaster transport is rolling no longer stops the Soundmaster transport. (PTSW-195743) Pro Tools now correctly provides the option to switch between “clip name” and “clip name and file name” when renaming files that reside on an ISIS system. (PTSW-150520) Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when importing multi-output Kontakt 5 tracks. (PTSW-195859) Pro Tools 11.2.2 includes a firmware update for HDX cards that fixes CPU usage spikes that can occur under certain conditions on systems with multiple HDX cards. The firmware update process is initiated when launching Pro Tools 11.2.2. (PTSW-192207) For more information on updating Native card firmware, refer to the following Avid Knowledge Base articles: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en419331 http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en429831
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 11 Software (details)
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 supports Mac OS X 10.9, 10.9.1, 10.9.2, 10.9.3, 10.9.4 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 supports Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1
- Avid Artist owners should install EuControl 3.2 or higher (My Artist Login)
- S6 owners should update to version 1.3 to use Pro Tools 11.2.2 (Avid Account > My Products > S6 Software Update > Show)
- Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" is not supported - qualification with Pro Tools 11 is still in progress (details)
The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, issues resolved, etc.
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 software requires a Pro Tools 11 iLok authorization (license) to run
- Pro Tools HD 11.2.2 software requires both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run
- Review the licenses on your iLok at ilok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of ilok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 is a full installer
- If Pro Tools 11.0-11.2.1 is currently installed on Mac, Avid recommends selecting "Replace" when updating to version 11.2.2
- Pro Tools HDX/HD Native users, be sure to install the 11.2.2 HD drivers. The HD drivers may be found in theDriver Installers folder included in the 11.2.2 download.
- Non-HD users, please install the latest compatible drivers for your Avid hardware.
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorization is different
- If you get a "Pro Tools can't be opened..." error on OS X see this article
- See the Pro Tools Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock
- Pro Tools 11.x co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is not supported using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (details)
- Pro Tools 11.x co-install with Media Composer (details)
- Co-install of Pro Tools 11.x and Media Composer on Windows does not allow Media Composer to be a Video Satellite (details)
- Co-installing Pro Tools 11 with Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher? Do NOT update to HD 11 Drivers if using HD Accel TDM hardware.
HDX Firmware Update
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 requires a firmware update for HDX cards
- Firmware update takes place during Pro Tools launch
- The firmware update was tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later
- Pro Tools 11.1.x Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates (details)
- Owners of ReVibe, Space and X-Form should update to the 11.2.2 versions of these plug-ins (available from the individual plug-in pages or your Avid account)
Heartbleed/Open SSL Information
- Heartbleed Bug FAQ by Avid
- Review the Read Me file and Late Breaking Technical Issues before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow
- Upgrades available from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store or Avid Reseller
- Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 can download Installers from their Avid Account:
- Log In to https://account.avid.com
- Click on My Products and Subscriptions
- Click on a Pro Tools 11... product in your list
- Click Show to see the available files
- Click on a file name to download the file