Pro Tools 11.0.1 Update Now Available
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 11 Software (see details)
Pro Tools 11.0.1 Read Me & Additional Notes
Upgrading a Pro Tools system to Mac OS X 10.8
- If upgrading an existing Pro Tools system to Mac OS X 10.8, please see this article for important information.
Pro Tools HD Native PCIe
- For issues updating the HD Native PCIe card firmware see this article.
- See the HD Native PCIe System Requirements page for more information.
- Pro Tools 11.0.1 software requires a Pro Tools 11 iLok authorization (license) to run.
- Pro Tools HD 11.0.1 software requires both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run.
- Review the licenses on your iLok at www.ilok.com or in iLok License Manager.
- See the Support section of iLok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 11.0.1 is a full installer.
- Avid recommends uninstalling your current version of Pro Tools prior to installing 11.0.1.
- Reinstall the Drivers for your interface after a Clean Uninstall, including any HD drivers.
- Pro Tools 11.0.1 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorization is different.
- See the Pro Tools 11 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions.
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock.
- Pro Tools 11.x and Mac OS X 10.8.3 are supported for co-install with Pro Tools 10.3.6 (details)
- Mac OS X: We recommend using Mac OS X 10.8.3 for co-install with Pro Tools 10.3.6 since Mac OS X 10.8.4 is not officially qualified. If you have already upgraded to Mac OS X 10.8.4 you may not need to downgrade as there are no known issues at this time.
- HD Systems: When co-installing Pro Tools 11.x and Pro Tools 10.3.6, the Pro Tools 11 HD Driver must be installed for proper support.
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- When updating an existing Pro Tools 11.0 installation to 11.0.1, choose the "Replace" option during the drag/drop install process. Choosing "Keep Both" will result in a co-installation that will break Avid Video Engine functionality.
- Review the Read Me file before installing or updating Pro Tools 11.0.1 for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 can find Installers, HD Drivers, etc. in the Your Products section of theirAvid Account.