Does Pro Tools 10.3.10 work with Yosemite
Does Pro Tools 10.3.10 work with Yosemite
Mac users: Pro Tools 10.3.10 is NOT qualified with Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.
Pro Tools 10.3.10 is only fully operational on OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. You can still run Pro Tools 10.3.10 on Yosemite if you had it installed already before upgrading, but there is a graphic drop down issue with the menu being grayed out. According to Sherif Moneer, there is a way to setup a fresh Pro Tools 10.3.10 copy on Yosemite by downloading this file :). Pro Tools 10 will likely never be officially supported to work with Yosemite. The package can be hacked to install but the other issues will never be fixed.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools 10.3.10 When saving a session with Universal Audio plug-ins, these plug-ins would show up as missing when opening that session on a Windows system and visa versa. When you subsequently access the Insert menu the plug-in would be available. (PTSW-192635). Input Monitoring works intermittently in Pro Tools 10.3.9. (PTSW-194388, PTSW-194508). In certain track orders, no warning dialog is posted for clip group deletion when cycling thru a track's playlist view. (PTSW-194017). Pro Tools records MIDI notes played during Count Off. All MIDI notes and events played during count off are clustered on the first beat of the recording pass. (PTSW-184254). When Field Recorder match Criteria are set to default, the Expand to new tracks command results in Pro Tools quiting unexpectedly. (PTSW-192725). When a Pro Tools client is running on ISIS there is no option to switch between renaming clip name and clip name and file name. (PTSW-150520). When one or more tracks of a soloed group are inactive and solo mode is X-OR, the Shift+S key command does not work as expected. (PTSW-178219). When importing MXF files from Pro Tools into Media Composer, incorrect files maybe linked due to matching tape name, timecode, or matching sourceID. (PTSW-194005). In certain cases when using Tab To Transient, Pro Tools becomes unresponsive. (PTSW-195188). With AudioSuite plug-ins, if the Selection Reference option is set to Clip List, the Use in Playlist button should automatically be disabled to ensure that you do not accidentally replace every occurrence of the clip in a session. (PTSW-178658). After importing AAF from Media Composer, some audio does not match the video. (PTSW-194124). Bypassed and inactive multi-mono plug-ins become partially bypassed after you reopen a session and activate the insert. (PTSW-190848). Pro Tools 10.3.10 and Pro Tools HD 10.3.10 on Mac OS X 10.6.x, 10.7.x and 10.8.x — 1/27/15 2 After recording, there is a gap between the end of the file that was just recorded and where the insertion point is located on the timeline. (PTSW-194538). Automation lags when delay is induced by plug-ins further in the signal chain. (PTSW-196906)
Pro Tools 10.3.10 Information & Downloads
Feb. 4, 2015 For Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10
Version 10.3.10 is officially qualified and recommended for:
- Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt systems on Mac OS X 10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 (details)
- Pro Tools|HD Accel systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
- Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7-10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2-10.8.5 or Windows 7 SP1
- Mac OS X 10.9 and higher are NOT supported by Pro Tools 10.3.10. Click here for more info.
- For Mac Pro computer support with Mountain Lion, a Nehalem (4,1) or later is required.
- Click here for a full list of Qualified Apple computers with Pro Tools.
- Click here for more info on Mountain Lion OS compatibility.
Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me & Additional Notes
- The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, etc.
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me - Mac (PDF) (186 KB)
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 Read Me - Windows (PDF) (196 KB)
Pro Tools HDX
Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt
Pro Tools HD Native PCIe
- HD Native PCIe System Requirements
- Avid NativeCardFlasher Updates the HD Native card's Main and Safe Firmware
Pro Tools non-HD systems
- Click here for System Requirements
- Pro Tools 10.x software requires a Pro Tools 10 iLok authorization (license) to run
- Pro Tools HD 10.x software requires both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run
- Upgrades from v9 or earlier can be found here
- Review the licenses on your iLok at iLok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of iLok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 is a full installer
- Avid recommends uninstalling your current version of Pro Tools prior to installing 10.3.10
- Re-install the Drivers for your non-HD interfaces after a Clean Uninstall
- Pro Tools 10.x uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorization is different
- The Pro Tools application is not automatically added to the Dock on Mac OS X, but can be manually added by dragging the application icon to the Dock
- See the Pro Tools 10.3 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 and Mac OS X 10.8.5 are supported for co-install with Pro Tools 11.x (details)
- Mac OS X: Pro Tools 10.3.10 is NOT qualified with Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- TDM Driver Support: When co-installing Pro Tools 10 and 11 with HD Accel TDM hardware, do NOT install the HD 11 drivers
- Satellite Link System Requirements
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier Satellites may stop before other systems running 11.1 or later (details)
- Pro Tools 11.0.3 and earlier "Error changing clocks" with Pro Tools 11.1 Satellite (details)
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- Review the Read Me file before updating to 10.3.10 for known issues that could impact your workflow.
- The Avid Virtual Instruments installer was updated to 10.3 on Mac to add support for Gatekeeper, whereas this installer remains at 10.0 for Windows. If needed, these files can be found in your Avid Account or through the Pro Tools 10.3 Downloads page.
- Click a link below to download the installer: