The inaugural event of the Avid Customer Association (ACA), Avid Connect, is becoming more popular as the years go by - So if you are interested in what it is and what to expect, keep reading! Avid Connect is basically a way of bringing together industry experts from across the world to network and gain access to insights and experiences from the world's media companies. There is a lot to gain from attending one of the largest events in the industry and we recommend you give it a shot!
While this event is prior to the NAB show, attendees from all segments of the media industry are welcome to join us. The leadership for the ACA (the Executive Board and multi-focused Advisory Councils) is comprised of individuals from all segments, including audio, video, film, and broadcast.
Now let me highlight what you’ll experience when you attend Avid Connect:
- Personal Interaction, networking and exposure to professional industry peers
- Access to insights and shared experiences from the world’s premier media companies
- Opportunity to attend a number of sessions led by industry experts and visionaries
- Free NAB Exhibits pass, IBC pass, and additional passes to trade shows worldwide
- Insight into Avid’s product direction and strategy
- Annual ACA Membership ($100 value)
- More details about the next phase of Avid Everywhere
- Opportunity to influence the future direction of the industry
One of the unique highlights of the ACA is that it is a program run by and for the community, and simply facilitated and supported by Avid. This means that Avid is taking on the organizational responsibility, but the program is designed to be an open platform of communication and discussion among industry professionals, including Paul Stevenson, director of Technology and Technical Operations, ITV News, ITV.The Avid Customer Association is run by and for the community, and simply facilitated and supported by Avid.
“The transformation that is occurring across the broadcast and media industry is placing ever greater demands on our production solutions,” Stevenson said. “With its breadth of customers across the industry, and very wide range of experience of the production and broadcast industry, Avid is well placed to bring the world’s media leaders together and to help set a clear path to inform their product development. I am very pleased to be a part of this effort.”
Several other industry leaders have signed up to attend Avid Connect and will provide key leadership to the ACA, including:
- David Mash, Senior VP for Innovation, Strategy, and Technology, Berklee College of Music
- Richard Friedel, EVP and General Manager, Fox Networks
- Dr. Andreas Bereczky, EVP of Technology and Production, ZDF German Television
- Darren Long, Director, Sky Production Services
- David Alfonso, CEO, Todd-Soundelux
- Galal El-Hakeem, Director of Operations, Al Jazeera Media Network
Join us and help make a difference in the industry as we work together to guide media professionals through today’s challenges and into the next phase of growth.